The Conveyor Bulk Measurement System (CBMS) is a complete turnkey solution to the problem of detecting, reporting and logging of ore volume, available capacity and belt drift on conveyor systems.
The system provides key metrics on bulk conveyors that when incorporated into the site control system, can provide real productivity and throughput gains to material handling operations.
The system incorporates laser scanning technology to reliably:
- Profile the bulk material to determine flow rates
- Measure the bulk edges relative to the belt edges so as to maximise loading capacity
- Monitor belt location and alert on belt drift
- Detect potential ore spillage and assist in avoiding it
- Communicate key measures, alarms and status to the Control System PLC
- Record all measured data for failure mode analysis and preventative maintenance plan;
- Support the operator in taking corrective actions to either adjust loading rate, loading point or conveyor speed